What is a Conference Bridge?
Our conference bridge allows up to 2,500 people participate in a scheduled group call meeting. Individuals may dial in to a specified number or extension, provided by the host of a conference call. Access is only granted to those with the PIN number to join the call.
How do I Start or Join a Conference?
1. Dial either the conference bridge phone number or extension to either initiate or join a conference.
2. After dialing the conference number, an automated voice will request the PIN provided by the host. Enter the PIN then press #. The announcement will request your name to notify the host that you have joined the Conference Bridge.
How do I add an Admin PIN?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to add an Admin PIN to your conference bridge. This PIN is for the host only and should not be shared with the guests of your call.
Starting/Ending the Conference Options
- Admin Wait - Wait for Admin/Operator to join a conference before starting.
- Admin Leave - Kick all users after Admin/Operator leaves the conference.
- User Announcement - Force users to record/announce their names before joining.
- Optimize Audio - Auto-mute participants that aren't speaking. Can help reduce background noise with larger conferences.
- Hold Music - Play hold music if there is just 1 person on the bridge, or if Admin/Operator hasn't joined yet (depending on Admin Wait setting above).
- Enable Menu - Allow users to hear the audio control menu by pressing * (star).
- Enable Recording - Enabled recording on this conference.