Yealink T5 Model User's Guide
Below is a photo of a Yealink T54W IP Phone. The features, keys, and functions you will learn
throughout this user's guide will be the same across most Yealink T5 model series. If you have any additional questions regarding your phone, please email support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The extension keys (across from the Line Keys) can be programmed to do anything, like Speed Dial, Call Hold (call parking), etc.
Transfer a Call:
- While you are on a call, press the transfer button.
- At this point, you may dial a phone number or extension, or press an extension button to transfer the call.
- Please note, if you choose to dial a number or extension you must press the transfer button again to complete the transfer. You can also push OK/Send.
- A "B Transfer" or "Blind Transfer" will transfer the call to the extension instantly, without allowing you to talk to the person first.
Parking a Call (Holding a call that can be picked up from other phones):
- While on a call, press a Call Park extension key.
- It will turn Red, showing that the call has been placed on hold and now can be resumed on a different phone if desired.
- Press a Red Call Park button to resume the call.
Place a Call on Hold (Private hold, just for your extension):
- While you are on a call, press the hold button.
- The line will Flash, showing that the call is on hold.
- Press the flashing line button to resume the call.
- Press the Voicemail button.
- Follow the voice prompts.
- Press 1 to listen to messages
- Press 0 to change your voicemail message.
- “Unavailable Message” is what callers normally hear if you don’t pick up.
- “Busy Message” is what callers hear when you REJECT their call.
Voicemail Message Options:
- Press 5: Repeat Message
- Press 6: Next Message
- Press 7: Delete
- Press 8: Forward message to another extension
- If the phone is ever behaving strangely, Reboot the Phone!
- To reboot the phone:
- Unplug the Power Cord from the back of the phone (black and round).
- Plug it back in 10 seconds later.
- If the Internet ever goes out:
- The phones will no longer function.
- Email/Call Kontak Support to turn on Temporary Call Forwarding.
- We can also pre-program the system to automatically forward to a cell phone if
the phones go offline.