Cloud Softphone is the primary soft phone application used by Kontak Retriever. This app allows you to use your phone system even when you're away from your desk. This includes, but is not limited to, making and receiving calls using your business line, transferring calls, calling other extensions, checking voicemail, and more.
How do I set up the softphone?
First, you will need a custom QR Code to provision your softphone application, which can be obtained from your phone system administrator. The QR Code you receive is NOT to be shared; it is linked specifically to your phone. Once you've received the QR Code via e-mail, you'll need to follow the next few steps to finish setting up the application.
1. Open the Google Play Store and install the app "Cloud Softphone".
2. Once installed, open the app and select "Scan QR".
3. Allow the app to access your camera and point the phone's camera at the QR Code you received.
Once the app recognizes the QR Code, it will automatically begin programming itself; please give the app time to do this. Once programmed, you may begin using the app.
How do I navigate around the App?
The Cloud Softphone app has four different tabs; Quickdial, History, Keypad, and Contacts.
The Keypad tab () should open when you first launch the app. Here you can make a call, turn on do not disturb, check voicemails, and reset the app if needed.
- Quickdial Tab
The Quickdial tab () is also known as speed dial. Here you can create contacts, internal or external of your phone system, that you dial often.
- History Tab
The History tab () allows you to see and search your call history. Additionally, touching the Information icon () next to a call record will show you the details of that call.
- Contacts Tab
The Contacts tab () pulls from your phone's contacts if you allow the app to do so.
What features are available while on a call?
Once a call connects, your phone will display the following screen:
On this screen you can...
- Mute a call ()
- Turn on speaker ()
- Transfer a call ()
- Add a call for a conference call ()
- Place a call on hold ()
- Record a specific call ()
- Video call between two different Cloud Softphone users only ()
Note: You may disregard Att. transfer () as this function is disabled by default.
How do I activate/deactivate Do Not Disturb?
If you would like to silence your softphone, you can place it on do not disturb. You will still receive calls normally on your desk phone, if you have one.
1. Launch Cloud Softphone and navigate to the Keypad tab ().
2. Select SIP Softphone () in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Slide the Immediate DND switch to the on/off position.
How do I reset the Cloud Softphone?
If the app needs to be reset:
1. Navigate to the Keypad tab () and select the Three Dot icon () in the top right corner of the screen, then select Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, select Reset Application and have your phone system administrator send you a new QR Code.
3. As in the initial setup (explained above), allow the app to access your camera and point the phone's camera at the QR Code you received. Remember to wait until the app completes programming before trying to use it.
- If your softphone is not ringing, make sure DND is not turned on.
- Be sure that the app is connected. If the app is not connecting to the Kontak Retriever system due to poor signal, the SIP Softphone icon () will be gray.