The primary mobile softphone application used with Kontak Retriever’s services is called Cloud Softphone. This mobile application, when installed on a smart phone, allows a user to make and receive phone calls using their business phone number, check voicemail messages, send and receive text messages, call other extensions, and transfer calls.
How do I set up Cloud Softphone?
- Open theApp Store and search for "Cloud Softphone". The icon will look like the image below:
- Once installed, open the app and select "Scan QR". This is located just below the username and password fields.
Note: A QR Code can be obtained from your phone system's administrator. The QR Code is NOT to be shared as it is unique and one-time use.
- Allow the app to access your camera and point the phone's camera at theQR Code you received.
- Allow the app to use your microphone. You can force your phone to prompt you to allow this by making a test call.
How do I navigate around the App?
The Cloud Softphone app has four different tabs: Quickdial, History, Keypad, and Contacts.
The Keypad tab () should open when you first launch the app. Here you can make a call, turn on do not disturb, check voicemails, and reset the app if needed.
- Quickdial Tab
The Quickdial tab () is also known as speed dial. Here you can create contacts, internal or external of your phone system, that you dial often.
- History Tab
The History tab () allows you to see and search your call history. Additionally, touching the Information icon () next to a call record will show you the details of that call.
- Contacts Tab
The Contacts tab () pulls from your phone's contacts if you allow the app to do so.
What features are available while on a call?
Once a call connects, your phone will display the following screen:
On this screen you can...
- Mute a call ()
- Turn on speaker ()
- Transfer a call ()
- Add a call for a conference call ()
- Place a call on hold ()
- Record a specific call ()
- Video callbetween two different Cloud Softphone users only ()
Note: You may disregard Att. transfer () as this function is disabled by default.
How do I activate/deactivate Do Not Disturb?
If you would like to silence your softphone, you can place it on do not disturb. You will still receive calls normally on your desk phone, if you have one.
- Launch Cloud Softphone and navigate to the Keypad tab ().
- Select SIP Softphone () in the top left corner of the screen.
- Slide the Do Not Disturb switch to the on/off position.
How do I reset the Cloud Softphone?
If the app needs to be reset:
- Navigate to the Keypad tab () and select the Gear icon () in the top right corner of the screen, then select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, select Reset Application and have your phone system administrator send you a new QR Code.
- As in the initial setup (explained above), allow the app to access your camera and point the phone's camera at the QR Code you received. Remember to wait until the app completes programming before trying to use it.
- If your softphone is not ringing, make sureDND is not turned on.
- Be sure that the app is connected. If the app is not connecting to the Kontak Retriever’s system due to poor signal, theSIP Softphone icon () will be gray.